I have written and worked on several sites using PHP, covering the following components:
- Database search, including job search for recruitment companies
- Shops integrating with third-party payment gateways (e.g. WorldPay)
- Content Management Systems so a client can easily update their own website
- Dynamic forms with tracking for which page it was filled out from
- Reporting pages summarising information from a database
- RSS feed creation
- HTTP page downloading and processing
My PHP projects have been using PHP 4 and MySQL v3.23.
Currently at least half my work is in PHP for current clients. PHP appears to be attracting more clients due to the stability of the hosting (generally on Linux or BSD) and the flexibility of the language.
These are some of the clients I have written code in PHP for:
And my own site SpiderTest.