I have written and worked on several sites using PHP, covering the following components:
- Database search, including job search for recruitment companies
- Shops integrating with third-party payment gateways (e.g. WorldPay, Secure Trading, Paypal, Sagepay)
- Content Management Systems so a client can easily update their own website
- Dynamic forms with tracking for which page it was filled out from
- Reporting pages summarising information from a database
- RSS feed creation
- HTTP page downloading and processing
I started out with PHP v4 and can maintain older projects, but I tend to do new work with the Laravel framework (v4 and v5). I've found Laravel a good combination of flexibility while bringing in a formal structure which is very useful when working with teams or a project where it is likely another developer will work on the code in the future.
Currently three-quarters of my development work is using PHP.
These are some of the clients I have written code in PHP for:
- ICP Search
- Wine Intelligence
- p2b (working with a Google Search Appliance)
- Fjord Interiors
- Kingswood Law IFA
- Allison and Busby
- G2 Legal (using Laravel)
- Skillsearch (using Laravel)
- Wemoto (using Laravel)
And my own site SpiderTest.